Tuesday, June 24, 2008

...

What are some of my achievements?
Some of my achievements throughout the year have been Dual Language Club and a lot of community service.I have been in the Dual language club since my freshman year. Not only do we learn in two languages but we also do volunteer work, fundraisers, clean up the community and much more. I enjoy doing community service. On my free time during my junior yeah i would help an ESL teacher with a couple of things such as cleaning up, explain things to the students or simply just help out in the garden or activities his students had to do.
One of the issues that its really important is immigration. I understand that people should not come here illegally but people come to the US for a better life.Let's put it this way . If Omaha had a really bad economy people would try and to move somewhere where there is better economy, a better way of living.People don't usually stop and think about it that way but it is basically the same thing.
My sister, Mirna Blanquel has been an influenced to me because she was the first one to graduate from college in our family. She is a great and smat person.I admire her because she has inspired and encouraged me to atend collage. I applied to the Summer Scholars, which has been a great experience, because she told me about it. She was a summer scholar student like 3 years ago.Mirna has help me out throughout my whole life and i really thak her for it!

No comments: